Saturday, November 17, 2007

More pictures

Lorenzo placing a corner block, soaking wet, of course it rained most of the day for them.


Hallway...
Trevor's room...notice the cornice?
Guest bedroom/office...again notice the cornice?
Guest /main bathroom...

This week/weekend has been very busy and Ron has made huge progress on the retaining wall. The carpet, vinyl, and formica has been installed along with the range and microwave. The plumber will be in on Tuesday to put in the toilets and the "cuzzi" tub (as Trevor calls it).


Ron took 2 days off this week to work on the wall. The blocks that we used are 80 pounders, and believe it or not I can pack them around but I am not very fast and was slowing Ron down substanitally. So we decided it was beneficial to hire a few guys from work to help pack the 400+ blocks instead of me today. Thank you guys soooooo much! Ron had the first course done by this morning and a few more rows that I helped him with but the guys were able to just hammer it out today, it looks great!


My WONDERFUL friend Jen came over today and cleaned half the windows! They look awesome and I hope she does know how greatful I am. While she was doing that I was running around vacuuming the carpet, vinyl and trying to get all the cabinetry cleaned out with the shop vac. Things are really starting to sparkle in the house. Tomorrow we will be back at the house working on more cleaning and Ron and Trevor will be working on the top caps on the retaining wall and spreading the rest of the gravel and compacting it.


I will try to get some more/better pictures of the wall tomorrow, but when we finished today it was dark and the pictures wern't turning out very good.

1 comment:

Johnson Family said...

It's starting to look like a real house!!! I'm so excited and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the cornices but I can't figure out why you didn't point them out more. =) Love you!