Monday, May 12, 2008

more gardening!

Can you say a fantastic weekend?! Friday I took off work early and Ron and I went on the hunt for a rock to place the fountain on. I have been searching for awhile now but have not had much luck in getting the "feeling" of just the right thing.

So we went to this wonderful stone place and it finally all came together. I found some "Light Limestone" from Utah. Not only did we decide to put the fountain on it but we decided that they would also make a really nice border along the flower beds.

So after sorting through a pallet of them we found just the right ones. I am sure that most people think I am crazy but the rocks have to have the right feel and look to come live at my house!

So after the rock place it was too late to go to the nursery but I made it there Saturday and had a REALLY good time! If money was no object for me I am pretty certain I would be working at a nursery, or doing something else with landscaping. I mean really who doesn't love playing in the dirt and watching things grow? I saw a little plaque thing a few weeks ago that said "Gardening is proof that you believe in tomorrow". For some reason that really hit home for me, because I really do think that most people think I am pretty darn cinical (sp?). anyway, I am not, I do believe in tomorrow and look forward to what life has for me everyday.

Now I just get to enjoy it more in my wonderful garden! Oh yeah, so Saturday was pretty much gone with the BBQ and the trip to the nursery so I didn't get anything planted. But Sunday, that was the day of much progress! I also made it to Costco and found some really nice landscape lights. Not the solar kind but the kind that are actually wired in, they are so pretty!

So on Sunday, we got the lights installed, the rocks installed, the fountain hooked up and running, the trellis' hung. Yes I hang my trellis. I don't like hammering them to the wall of the house so I hang them from the overhang, not only does this keep the vines from intruding into the siding of my house, but it also gives the trellis an illusion of floating! Way cool!

So, today I finished the planting, well at least the plants that I have on hand. There is more filler that needs to go in. I also would like to get a Daphne for by the front door so that there is a nice fragrance when you enter the house. I would also like to get a large taller plant/tree of some sort to go on the far end of the house. We were going to put spiral topiary's but I refuse to pay $300 for a twisty tree!

As the things grow and mature I will take more photos but for now you get to pretend to here a light trickle of water while you enjoy the photos of my freshly planted garden...Enjoy! I know I sure do!

1 comment:

radiochick said...

I love gardening!! Isn't it so relaxing?? I'm working on my backyard as well.. Growing grass while living in the desert LOL quite a challenge!