Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Weekend project

This weekend my wonderful Aunt Cherie came to visit and we had a great weekend of quilting! She introduced me to the fun and excting world of applique art! Yeah! I also finished another quilt top. When that gets done being quilted I will post pictures of it.

If someone is interested in a somewhat sewing project but not a ton of sewing I would suggest the applique art, way fun and instant gratification. We also visited quite a few quilt shops in the area and took advantage of the nice weather and drove the convertable to visit the quilt shops! What fun!


This quilt is a quilt that I finally finished and sent to my friend Niki, enjoy! You can't tell in the photo but it is flannel.
This is one of the applique art things I did. I also did another one in the same pattern with completely different fabrics but it is not done yet. I haven't found a good border for it yet, so stay tuned.
A little bit closer shot of the chicken...While searching for the perfect fabrics for my chicken I stumbled across a fabric that had drum sticks all over it, I really wanted to base my chicken around that but Cherie put her foot down and said no way, that is too sick!
This is a quilt that my friend Jen finished earlier this week. It is for a friend that just had a baby. It is hard to see in the photo but the fabric has sock monkeys on it. Too cute!
If anyone would like to join me this weekend I am sure that I will be quilting or appliqueing or some other craft project. Too fun!

5 comments:

Johnson Family said...

You rock! Seriously, those are incredible! Want to make some money and make me a quilt for my bed???

Shana said...

I won't charge you to make the quilt as long as you pay for all the materials sure! Eventhough I think you can totally make your own. Just pick out a pattern and I will let you know if I think I can do it and we will go from there.

Johnson Family said...

By the way, I totally loved the drumstick idea! I can't believe that our favorite Aunt Cherie said no way!!

The Pyryt Nest said...

Tell aunt Cherie she's crazy. I will pay whatever you want to make me a chicken quilt with drumstick border. I love it!

The Pyryt Nest said...

Thank you so much for making the chicken quilt for me! I love it (even without the drumsticks)!